1. Fall Tagging Results
Grand total was an impressive $12,086.90. Well done to everyone who contributed to the effort.
Congratulations to our Cadet winners of our 2019 Fall Tagging Prizes.
The 17 Cadets that did ALL 5 shifts and received a $5 gift Card. The best guess winner MCpl Uijtjens. $25 Gift Card. The Raffle winner Cadet Shannon, for a $100 Gift Card of your choice. You should be proud of your efforts to help support your Corps.
2. Hespeler Legion Poppy Drive
- Takes place Oct 26th. Be there for 9am. Afternoon shift begins at noon.
- Address of Royal Canadian Legion Branch 272 is 26 Schofield Street
- Lunch will be provided for those staying all day
- Dress is DEU. Dress warmly and bring a water bottle.
- Sign-up for this and other events here.
3. Fundraising Opportunities
- Cadets were handed this year’s fall fundraising forms at the end of closing parade.
- Forms will need to be handed back on November 4th.
- There are 4 vendors involved so there is lots of opportunity to raise funds, that allow for exciting outings and experiences throughout the year.
4. Band Practice:
- Tuesday Evenings 1800 hrs – 2100hrs
- New Members 1800hrs – 1900hrs. Will continue to accept new members until end of October.
- Monsignor Doyle Highschool, enter through the doors closest to the football field and gyms.
- Dress is appropriate civilian attire
- Any questions can be directed to C.I. Macdonald
5. Marksmanship Team:
- Next session is Oct 29th, 1830 – 2100 hrs
- Will begin process of selecting team
- Any questions can be directed to Lt. Docherty
6. Drill Team:
- Thursday Evenings 1900 hr – 2100 hrs
- No drill on Oct 31st
- Commander tryouts this Thursday
- St. Augustine Catholic School, enter by the door directly off the parking lot.
- Parade Boots and Head dress required. For new recruits if you do not have that is ok.
- Everyone is welcome
- Any question can be directed to OCdt Primeau
7. New Recruits:
Please refer to the RESOURCES page on the website, https://21armycadets.ca/cadet-resources/ there is a lot of great reading for those sleepless nights! If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask anyone for help
8. Online Shop Orders
- Online shop orders for 21 Army spirit wear and Cadet Cash Cards can be placed for Christmas. Spirit wear is not kept in stock so any of these orders has a lead time for the vendor to get the items.
- Full payment is needed before any order is processed.
9. Remembrance Day Observances
- November is a very busy time for the corps, during our remembrance observances. Our supporting legions will be looking for our help during the remembrance season. It’s important for us to provide as much assistance as we can, although Hespeler br. 272 is our official sponsor, Galt br.121 provides a lot of support for us during the training year and this is a great way to give back to both legions. These events are also eligible for volunteer hours. More information to come.
- Hespeler Legion Poppies Oct 26th, 9:30-16:00
- Galt Legion Poppies Nov 2nd
- Legion Veterans Dinners – Nov 9th
- Overnight Vigil Nov 10-11 at Hesepeler Cenotaph
- Cadets are asked to commit to a 90 minute shift which will be 30 mins on guard, 30 mins inside and 30 mins on guard.
- Galt & Hespeler Remembrance Day Parades – Nov 11th