1. Congratulations to the following on their promotions and appointments
Promotion to Sergeant: Lee
2. Fundraising Drive
- This is the last week for our Fundraising Drive
- Envelopes, order forms and money to be returned no later than Monday November 4th
- For every item sold a ballot will be given for a draw, prize being a $100 Gift Card of the winner’s choice.
- Any questions can be directed to Kim Strome on FB or email@example.com
3. Uniform Sizing
- Online form to size up for your uniform
- New recruits get this in ASAP.
4. Road Trip
- There are some that yet have to sign up for this trip, do so ASAP.
- Hamilton Warplane Museum & Canadian Military Heritage Museum
- Sun 24 Nov. 8:30 – 1730
- On line sign up form, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SSSBHFK
- More Info
5. Band Practice:
- Tuesday Evenings 1800 hrs – 2100hrs
- New Members 1800hrs – 1900hrs
- Monsignor Doyle Highschool, enter through the doors closest to the football field and gyms.
- Dress is appropriate civilian attire
- Any questions can be directed to C.I. Macdonald
6. Marksmanship Team:
- Tuesday Oct 29th, 1830 – 2100 hrs
- Any questions can be directed to Lt. Docherty
7. Drill Team:
- No drill on Oct 31st
- Any question can be directed to OCdt Primeau
8 . Online Shop Orders
- Online shop orders for 21 Army spirit wear and Cadet Cash Cards will be processed after the Nov 25th training day for Christmas orders. Spirit wear is not kept in stock so any of these orders has a lead time for the vendor to get the items.
- Full payment is needed before any order is processed.
11. Remembrance Day Observances
- November is a very busy time for the corps, during our remembrance observances. Our supporting legions will be looking for our help during the remembrance season. It’s important for us to provide as much assistance as we can, although Hespeler br. 272 is our official sponsor, Galt br.121 provides a lot of support for us during the training year and this is a great way to give back to both legions. These events are also eligible for volunteer hours.
- More information on Lt. Taggart’s post
- Online signup form for these events
- Galt Legion Poppies Nov 2nd 9:00-12:00 & 13:00-16:00. Legion will provide lunch
- Ayr Parade – Nov 3rd 13:30-15:30
- Legion Veterans Dinners – Nov 9th 16:30-21:00 at both Galt & Haspeler Legions
- Overnight Vigil Nov 10-11 at Hesepeler Cenotaph
- Cadets are asked to commit to a 90 minute shift which will be 30 mins on guard, 30 mins inside and 30 mins on guard.
- There will be a forthcoming sign-up form for the Overnight Vigil with time slot requests
- Galt & Hespeler Remembrance Day Parades – Nov 11th
- Galt 121 Legion 09:15 Form up Parade marches up to the cenotaph at Queen’s Square. Cadets will march back to the Legion for 12:15 dismissal.
- Hespeler 272 Legion Ceremony 09:30 Meet at the Hespeler cenotaph. Ceremony takes place at the Hespler Heritage Center, 12:15 dismissal