1. Congratulations to the following on their promotions and appointments
Promotion to Fusilier: L. Fleury
Promotion to Master Corporal: J. Fleury, Sehgal, Uijtjens
Promotion to Warrant Officer: Beerunj
2. All cadets check information board, by the stairs to the office
3. Sign in the Attendance Sheet when you are late as soon as you arrive at the Armoury
4. Uniform Sizing
- Online form to size up for your uniform
- If you require a new size for a current item, especially after Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner.
- New recruits get this in ASAP to at least get your Parka, Head Dress and Gloves for up coming Tagging and Poppy Drive.
5. Band Practice:
- Tuesday Evenings 1800 hrs – 2100hrs
- New Members 1800hrs – 1900hrs
- Monsignor Doyle Highschool, enter through the doors closet to the football field and gyms.
- Dress is appropriate civilian attire
- Any questions can be directed to C.I. Macdonald
6. Marksmanship Team:
- Every 2nd Tuesday evening starting Oct 1, 2019
- 1830 – 2100 hrs
- Oct 15th is for any cadets wishing to try out, any star level
- Any questions can be directed to Lt. Docherty
7. Drill Team:
- Thursday Evenings 1900 hr – 2100 hrs
- No drill on Oct 17th or 31st
- Commander tryouts on Oct 24th
- St. Augustine Catholic School, enter by the door directly off the parking lot.
- Parade Boots and Head dress required. For new recruits if you do not have that is ok.
- Everyone is welcome
- Any question can be directed to OCdt Primeau
8. New Recruits:
Please refer to the RESOURCES page on the website, https://21armycadets.ca/cadet-resources/ there is a lot of great reading for those sleepless nights! If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask anyone for help
9. Fall Tagging:
- Thursday, October 17th – Sunday, October 20th.
- If a Cadet can not make a shift they need to speak to their CO, Cpt McConkey.
- Headquarters is Galt Legion, Br. 121.
- Parents are needed to drive and pickup cadets to locations
- On Route Chaperones need for Friday and Sunday
- Please notify us via Facebook or via our TAGGING CO-ORDINATOR: RHONDA STEWART email@example.com
- For each shift you do you will receive 3 Ballots For a draw: Prize is $100 Gift Certificate of your Choice.
- Guess the end total ($) of our Tagging Drive and win a $25 Gift Card.
10 . Online Shop Orders
- Online shop orders for 21 Army spirit wear and Cadet Cash Cards will be processed after the Oct 21st training day. Spirit wear is not kept in stock so any of these orders has a lead time for the vendor to get the items.
- Full payment is needed before any order is processed.
11. Remembrance Day Observances
- November is a very busy time for the corps, during our remembrance observances. Our supporting legions will be looking for our help during the remembrance season. It’s important for us to provide as much assistance as we can, although Hespeler br. 272 is our official sponsor, Galt br.121 provides a lot of support for us during the training year and this is a great way to give back to both legions. These events are also eligible for volunteer hours. More information to come.
- Hespeler Legion Poppies Oct 26th, 9:30-16:00
- Galt Legion Poppies Nov 2nd
- Legion Veterans Dinners – Nov 9th
- Overnight Vigil Nov 10-11 at Hesepeler Cenotaph
- Cadets are asked to commit to a 90 minute shift which will be 30 mins on guard, 30 mins inside and 30 mins on guard.
- Galt & Hespeler Remembrance Day Parades – Nov 11th