Hey everyone! Don’t forget to wear your Cadet Parkas tonight, and don’t forget to label them so that everyone leaves with the same parka they arrive with! It is important that we all wear our entire uniform with pride, and the parka is a part of that. Moving forward we all, myself included, need to … Continued
Author: Connor MacDonald
For the post I was actually suppose to post right now… As everyone can see, it’s pretty snowy outside. Please wear another pair of shoes to the armoury, and switched into your running shoes to conduct the fitness test so no one slips and hurts themselves on the wet.
Hello Everyone. Since we live in Canada and it is winter, it is getting colder. As a result we want to ensure everyone has their cold weather kit so they are safe during these winter months. Please wear your Parka (outside and liner), Gloves, and Toque to the armory on Monday Jan 7th. I would … Continued
In an effort to encourage others to learn from their mistakes, I want to share one of my biggest mistakes from the beginning of the year on why clear communication is critical.
Upon arrival, the duty commander will:
- Enter the armoury and get two radios, brassards, attendance sheets, and binder from the office.
- Set up the main hallway for the cadets to arrive.
Once the front desk cadet arrives at the desk:
- Hand over responsibility of checking off the attendance
- Distribute the brassards to the cadets to whom they have been awarded.
- Conduct their normal section commander duties.
After closing parade:
- Instruct their section on how the armoury needs to be cleaned. Generally, this includes the following (Note that this is a general list, subject to change based on parade night activities):
- Ensure that all three classrooms are garbage free, have the chairs stacked, the windows are closed, and the lights are off.
- Ensure that both the bathrooms are clean and the lights are off.
- Sweep the parade square and ensure there is not any garbage left from break.
- Brooms can be found in the maintenance hallway beside the big mural, in the first door on the right.
- Change the garbage and recycling if needed.
- Garbage bags can be found in the office, and the dumpster can be found outside
- Collect the brassards and return them to the office.
- Collect any lost kit and bring it to the office.
After duty section completes their tasks:
- Conduct a sweep to ensure your section didn’t miss anything.
- Dismiss your duty section.
- Report the completion of the duty squad’s requirements and turn in your radio. The duty officer or CSM will dismiss you.
Front desk cadet
Beginning of the night (before and during opening parade):
- Take over signing in cadets from the Duty Commander.
- Answer the door bell
- Assist new cadets find their way up to the office
- Ensure that all visitors sign in and out of the binder.
- Remain at the front desk until the cadets are dismissed from opening parade.
- Bring the three attendance sheets up to the office, and report to class as normal.
End of the night (before and after closing parade)
- Before parade, return to the lobby and allow parents to enter into the armoury so they can attend ending parade.
- After parade, assist the rest of the duty section in completing the duty section tasks.
After closing parade:
- Complete the duty list under the direction of the duty commander.
- Remain until the Duty Commander completes their sweep of the armoury
- Leave only when the Duty Commander dismisses you. Failure to complete your duties will result in verbal and written warnings, extra duties, or chits.