Did you miss the announcements at closing parade? Find a recap here!
There are lots of events coming up, so read the announcements carefully for details.
Unsilent Night December 6 (Thursday): Bring your waiver form with you. You need it at the event. Meet at 4pm at the Cambridge Center for the Arts at the corner of Dickson and Wellington.
Veteran's Dinner December 8 (Saturday): We need 6-10 volunteers to help serve dinner at the Veteran's Christmas Dinner at Royal Canadian Legion Branch 272 (Hespeler). If you can attend, please comment on the Facebook post or contact 2LT Docherty.
Merit Review Boards December 15 (Saturday): If you qualify for merit reviews, you should know that by now. If anyone has questions, contact one of the officers for guidance.
Stuff a Truck Food Drive December 15 (Saturday): We are participating in the annual Stuff an army truck with our brethren at the regiment. There are 3 shifts: Morning and afternoon at Sobeys Westgate collecting food, and later in the afternoon to sort food at the food bank. More information and sign up available soon.
Holiday Mess Dinner December 17 (Monday): All cadets are invited to our annual Holiday Mess Dinner. We dress up in our best turned out Dress Kit, host dignitaries from the Regiment, Legions, NATO Vets, and the Army Cadet League, and enjoy a fully catered Christmas dinner. Please contact Mrs. MacDonald if you are vegetarian or have food allergies or concerns (such as kosher or halal requirements) that you have not told us about already). This event will happen at the armoury during our normal training time.
Next week December 10 is fitness testing. You must participate in fitness testing in order to progress to your next promotion, so please try to be there. The better you do, the more opportunities are available for you. For example, some summer training, all expeditions, and some additional training requires a minimum fitness level. Wear gym clothes (for example, track pants, trainers, appropriate tshirts/hoodies). The remainder of the night will be sports. Gatorade will be available at canteen.
Looking forward to January? You should be if you're interested in drill! We'll be starting up a drill team in January. More info to come. See OCdt Primeau if you're interested.
Spiritwear orders have been delayed by the Canada Post strike, but our vendor now has the items and is hoping she can catch up on lost time. More info when we have the orders delivered to the Support Committee.
If you still need to pick up syrup, Mrs. MacDonald will available in Preston (725 William Street) on Wednesday (5 Dec) after 6pm. Mrs. Campbell will post additional availability on Facebook.
Congratulations to everyone who got a promotion today, and to the new winners of the Best Dress (Junior and Senior) and Best Deportment (Junior and Senior) awards.
Our annual Christmas Mess Dinner is December 17. Dress is DEU. Arrive at the armoury at the usual time with your appetites, or come earlier to help us set up tables.
21 will be participating in the Hespeler Santa Claus Parade on December 1. Meet at the corner of Groh and Holiday Inn Drive (near the Shoppers Drug Mart) at 11am. Step off is noon. The band will be playing and the flag party will be participating. Dress for the event is DEU with your parka or Black and White if you don't have your dress kit yet. Dress warmly under your kit. Our friends at the Hespeler Legion have invited cadets who participate back to the legion for a Chili and Bun lunch.
Syrup arrives this week. Due to the weight and volume of the bottles, we are distributing from Mrs. MacDonald's house (for north Cambridge and Mrs. Campbell's house (for south Cambridge). Please see the Facebook post to let us know where you want to pick up your orders. If your last name is not the same as your cadet, please let us know that when you respond so that we have the right amount of syrup in each location. Pick up hours will be posted soon.
Those who volunteered for Unsilent night should have received a waiver from 2LT Docherty at Parade. You need to have that with you on the event night. If you didn't receive a waiver, please let Captain Shand or 2LT Docherty know.
The Marksmanship team competed in the Paul Bawden competition this past weekend. We competed well, and with a little more practise, we'll do even better at the next competition. Which is a great segue to... We have secured a location to have marksmanship practices on a more regular frequency. We're completing the final arrangements and should have more info to share next week.
- Next week is Commanding Officer's Parade. Dress is DEU.
- We have a request to help at Unsilent Night. We need 10-15 volunteers to help out. This counts toward volunteer hours. If you can help, please let us know by sending an email to the corps email address (or respond to Capt. Shand's facebook post)
- Congratulations to the members of the marksmanship team. Captain Shand/2LT Docherty will post the team names on Facebook by Wednesday (we will also update the announcements here). The Paul Bawden marksmanship tournament is this weekend. If your name is on the team announcement and you cannot attend the tournament, please let staff know ASAP.
- Need one more chance to convince Santa which list you should be on? 21 will be participating in the Hespeler Santa Claus Parade on December 1. Meet at the corner of Groh and Holiday Inn Drive (near the Shoppers Drug Mart) at 11am. Step off is noon. The band will be playing and the flag party will be participating. Dress for the event is DEU with your parka or Black and White if you don't have your dress kit yet. Dress warmly under your kit.
- Congratulations to our new flag party members: Mcpl Brewster, Mcpl Atwal, and Mcpl Montgomery.
- Many cadets have recently gotten or are in the process of getting their uniform. Here is the resource page for how to wear your uniform properly, and please ask a senior cadet if you have any questions. Please keep the following in mind: If you don't have all pieces of your uniform (including correct boots and headwear), you can't wear any of it. If you are wearing your parka, please wear it zipped all the way up.
- Thanks to the parents who helped to organize the pepperette orders and attach greetings to candy canes. Your help is very much appreciated.
- Dress next week is FTU.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the Remembrance day festivities. You all looked great, and made 21 look great.
- If you did (or are still planning on doing) grave site visits, please provide the names of the soldiers (and pictures if you have them) in the next few days to Mrs. MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Saturday we will be participating in the Cambridge Santa Claus parade. If you want to participate in decorating our parade float (FTX at the North Pole), please meet at the Dimplex parking lot at noon. UPDATE: We will be meeting on Industrial rd. By the Tiger Cat Industries building for 530pm. The pick up point (after the parade) will be at the NE corner of Langs and Industrial in the Midland Transport parking lot. The intersection will be closed off to parents however if you turn off eagle and make your way down Industrial you should be able to get to the parking lot. There should also be parking on the side of Langs and then walk to the pick up point.
- Everyone please read the duty instructions, found here. It is critical that everyone does their jobs so that the armoury can be cleaned up properly.
- Fundraising: Candles will be sent directly to cadets to distribute to their benefactors; Pepperettes will be here November 17. Syrup delivery is TBD (will let you know ASAP).
- Spiritwear orders are due November 15. Please order through the shop. If you intend to pay by cheque, please bring it next week (we will still process your order).
- This Sunday is Remembrance day, and 21 Army will be attending the celebrations at the Galt and Hespeler cenotaphs. Please attend the ceremony that is most convenient for you. If you intend to attend the Galt cenotaph please arrive at the Galt legion at 0930. If you intend to attend the Hespeler cenotaph, please arrive behind the Firehall at 1000. Dress for remembrance day activities is your full dress uniform with your parka and hat; or if you don't have your uniform or parka please wear an appropriate dark jacket.
- LT Taggart handed out sheets to everyone who will be attending the overnight vigil. Please contact him for more information.
- If you want to attend the New York Trip, we need to know shortly. Please see LT. Taggart's post to place you interest.
- Please let Captain Shand know if you want to assist with Unsilent night. Unsilent Night is a Christmas festival that you can view art displays through Cambridge. Please read more here.
- Great job on fundraising everyone. Together we sold $8740 in product, which means we were able to raise about $3000 for the unit.
- FTX is this weekend. Make sure you dress for the weekend weather, and bring a water bottle.
- Dress next Monday is DEU, and the training orders have been posted to the orders page.
- Remembrance day is coming soon, and 21 is participating in a variety of activities. Look at the Remembrance Activities page to sign up for events (including the Vigil). More information will be posted next week for Remembrance Day.
- Fundraising packages are due on Monday. Don't forget that you can order online in our Shop.
- Flag Party tryouts will be on 5 Nov, 2018. If you are interested, contact MWO Frizzell directly.
- Next Monday, November 5, is the last day to express your interest in the Year End Trip to Celoron New York. See the Memorial Day Trip page to express your interest (and get more information). Please note that this does not commit you to the trip. It's far easier for us to take you off the trip than try to add you later.
- We are reinstating the Brassards program for Best Deportment (Junior and Senior) and Best Dress (Junior and Senior). These awards will be distributed every 2 weeks. Congratulations to the first recipients of the year:
- Cpl Samuels (Best Dress, Jr)
- Cpl Lee (Best Deportment, Jr)
- Cpl P. Johnson (Best Dress, Sr)
- MCpl Atwal (Best Deportment, Sr)
- Next week (October 29), come to cadets in your Halloween costume! Make sure it's appropriate, and be creative - you might even win a prize.
- FTX (Field Training) is happening Nov 2-4. Paperwork can be downloaded, completed, and sent to 2LT Docherty (address in the FTX paperwork).
- If you want to be on Advance party, also let 2LT Docherty know. You'll need to get yourself to the campsite by 3:30 to participate.
- Band Practise Tuesday. We're still looking for a few more beginner bagpipers. If you'd like to join the band, come to Monsignor Doyle Highschool from 6-7pm. Intermediate and Senior members continue to 9pm.
- Look at the Remembrance Activities page to sign up for events (including the Vigil).
- Popcorn Probation: There was a considerable popcorn mess on the parade square after break today. If cadets do better with the remaining bags we've purchased, we'll continue providing popcorn. If not, we'll replace it with another item.
- Fundraising: If you haven't gotten a package or you need more sheets, see Mrs. Campbell. Also remind your benefactors that they can order online in our Shop.
- Flag Party tryouts will be on 5 Nov, 2018. If you are interested, respond to 2LT Docherty's Facebook post or
contact MWO Frizzell directly.
- See the Memorial Day Trip page to express your interest (and get more information) about the End of Year Trip to Celoron New York.